This episode features a long introduction on Bitcoin. To skip to the interview go to minute 27:00.
Who is Roger Ver?
- Early investor in Bitcoin, investing in February 2011.
- Sold his Lamborghini to buy more Bitcoin in 2011, bought in when it was $1. (He was already a successful entrepreneur and millionaire before Bitcoin)
- Successful investor having invested in XRP and Bitcoin Related Startups: Bitcoin.com, Blockchain.info, Kraken, BitPay and more.
- CEO of Bitcoin.com managing approximately 100+ people
- Passionate libertarian and voluntarist, supporter of free markets and free speech.
- Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Renounced his US Citizenship and is now a citizen of St Kitts and Nevis and splits his time between Tokyo and St Kitts.
- After the controversial Bitcoin split in 2017, Roger now supports Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and calls Bitcoin (BTC) slow, unreliable and expensive.
What you’ll learn this episode?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What is a digital currency?
- How does it differ from traditional currencies like US Dollars, Euros or Pounds?
- What is inflation and how does Bitcoin solve this issue of a devaluing currency?
- What does it mean for Bitcoin to be decentralised?
- What are the main challenges cryptocurrencies face in 2019?
- Who is Roger Ver?
- Why does Roger Ver support Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and not Bitcoin (BTC) anymore?
- How did Roger discover Bitcoin?
- How do you get involved and start using cryptocurrencies?
- Why did Roger Ver go to Prison?
- What is Roger’s advice for investing cryptocurrencies or businesses? How does he evaluate new investments?
- Is Roger scared the Government will try to take him out?
- How does Bitcoin affect the Governments control over the world/money?
- What are the other cryptocurrencies and what do they do?
- How does Ethereum, EOS say differ from Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin?