Who is Rory MacDonald?
- One of the best mixed martial artist fighters (MMA) in the world.
- Currently welterweight champion in Bellator MMA organisation and a former title challenger in the UFC.
- Beaten MMA legends such as Nate Diaz, BJ Penn, Paul Daley.
- Trains out of the Tristar Gym in Montreal with world known Head Coach Firas Zihabi and training partner Georges-St-Pierre (now retired).
- His fight with Robbie Lawler at UFC 189 is widely considered one of the best fights of all time.
- He is a multiple time winner of the UFC FOTN (fight of the night) bonus.
What do we discuss in this episode:
- Discussing Rory’s recent performance against Jon Fitch. (Bellator 220)
- Is Rory retiring? What did he mean by his post fight interview after his fight with Jon Fitch?
- How is Rory getting that killer instinct back? Did he ever lose it?
- How Rory thinks the Bellator welterweight Grand Prix will turn out.
- How does he see his match up with Neiman Gracie going.
- Rory finding God has given him new purpose and perception – what was the turning point for him?
- How did Rory find martial arts when he was 14?
- How does he overcome adversity and struggle in his life?
- How Rory is handling being a Father and family man now.
- Will he let his children be MMA fighters?
- How Rory got involved in Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency and his picks for the best coins to watch out for in 2019
- How does Rory want to be remembered? What will be the Rory MacDonald legacy?